Header

Image Map
Pardon the craziness guys! I'm slowly trying to redesign my blog. And by slowly I mean it's taking me several hours a night to try and figure out the correct coding (HTML) for one thing....and then it doesn't work! Argh! SO FRUSTRATING! Things will *hopefully* be up and running in the next couple weeks! Thanks for understanding!!



Pardon the craziness guys! I'm slowly trying to redesign my blog. And by slowly I mean it's taking me several hours a night to try and figure out the correct coding (HTML) for one thing....and then it doesn't work! Argh! SO FRUSTRATING! Things will *hopefully* be up and running in the next couple weeks! Thanks for understanding!!



Wednesday, June 23, 2010

LUSH Cocktail Series: Refreshing Mimosa

So my next cocktail was supposed to be a "Hot Chocolate" cocktail (a subscriber request!) but I didn't have everything for it. So I proceeded with one of the other cocktails on my list: the mimosa! For the younger ones who may follow me, a traditional mimosa is an alcoholic drink made from champagne and orange juice. This cocktail has a distinct citrus smell with champagne undertones, and definitely smells like a delicious mimosa! :) This cocktail is made up of: Super Nova bath bomb, Sunny Side bubble bar, a TINY piece of Ma Bar bubble bar, and of course, You've Been Mangoed bath melt. All of the "ingredients" used for this cocktail I've written about before. I'll post a link to the blog posts where I originally wrote about them. The only one I haven't used yet is Super Nova!

Super Nova Bath Bomb:
So this bath bomb is fairly new to me. Before the cocktail video, I had only used Super Nova once before, and just a small sample of it. I fell in love with the scent. The main ingredient that gives this bomb the "champagney" undertone is the cognac oil. The oil has a distinct alcohol-like smell. This bath bomb also contains orange oil and lime oil, which is what gives it the delicious citrus smell.

Sunny Side Bubble Bar:
Sunny Side bubble bar - Beach Bum Cocktail

Ma Bar Bubble Bar:
Ma Bar bubble bar - Cherries Jubilee Cocktail

You've Been Mangoed:
You've Been Mangoed - Pink Lemonade Cokctail

Check out the video below to see how the cocktail turned out!



By the way - for a normal bath (and not in a HUGE tub like this one) the proportions I would use are: 1/4-1/2 a bath bomb, 1/3-1/2 bubble bar, 1/3 bath melt.

Keep your eye out for more videos! I'll be in Indiana this weekend for my Uncle's wedding, but I'll try to get something up! But eh LUSH cocktail may have to wait 'til later on next week. Hope everyone has a great weekend!! :)

1 comment:

Tell me something!