Header

Image Map
Pardon the craziness guys! I'm slowly trying to redesign my blog. And by slowly I mean it's taking me several hours a night to try and figure out the correct coding (HTML) for one thing....and then it doesn't work! Argh! SO FRUSTRATING! Things will *hopefully* be up and running in the next couple weeks! Thanks for understanding!!



Pardon the craziness guys! I'm slowly trying to redesign my blog. And by slowly I mean it's taking me several hours a night to try and figure out the correct coding (HTML) for one thing....and then it doesn't work! Argh! SO FRUSTRATING! Things will *hopefully* be up and running in the next couple weeks! Thanks for understanding!!



Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Get Ready with Me & First Impression: Too Faced Chocolate Bar

Another First Impressions/Get Ready With Me video for all of you! And this time, it's not a limited edition palette! Wahoo! The Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette is, I believe, a permanent product. And if not, well, it's still available just about anywhere that sells Too Faced cosmetics.

I think the first thing that intrigued me about this palette was that it SMELLS like chocolate. I was sort of feeling...eh...about the palette at first glance. But then the sales associate told me to smell it. Not something you usually hear when you're eyeing up an eyeshadow palette! I tried to play around with a look that I typically wouldn't wear. It's a little more "dramatic" than I'm used to, but I liked the end result!

If you'd like to know which colors and tools were used, keep on reading. If you're interested in seeing my overall opinion on the Too Faced Chocolate Bar palette and how I put the look together, check out the video at the end of this post!

Face:
Concealer: MAC Pro Longwear Concealer - NW20
Foundation: MAC Face & Body Foundation - N2
Setting Powder: MAC Blot Powder/Pressed - Medium Dark
Blush: Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush - Exposed

Eyes:
Eye Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion - Original
Lid Color: Creme Brulee - Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Crease:  Semi-Sweet - Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Crease: Haute Chocolate - Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Outer V: Haute Chocolate - Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Outer V: Gilded Ganache - Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Lower Lashline: Haute Chocolate - Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Lower Lashline: Gilded Ganache - Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Brow Highlight: White Chocolate - Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette
Inner Corner: Marzipan - Too Faced Chocolate Bar Palette


Lips:
Lipstick: Too Faced La Crème - Spice Spice Baby

Brushes/Tools Used:
MAC 228 - Mini Shader Brush (Outer V & Lower Lash line)
MAC 224 - Blending Brush (Blending)
MAC 224 - Blending Brush (Browbone Highlight)
Urban Decay Double Ended Brush (concealer)
e.l.f. Powder Brush (setting powder)

Has anyone tried this palette yet? What do you think? And what are your thoughts on the smell?! Think the chocolatey smell will be good enough to assuage a hormonal craving for chocolate? Haha. Ok, I think I took that a little too far. Until next time, lovelies!



Click below to see my first impressions and review on this palette!







1 comment:

Tell me something!