Header

Image Map
Pardon the craziness guys! I'm slowly trying to redesign my blog. And by slowly I mean it's taking me several hours a night to try and figure out the correct coding (HTML) for one thing....and then it doesn't work! Argh! SO FRUSTRATING! Things will *hopefully* be up and running in the next couple weeks! Thanks for understanding!!



Pardon the craziness guys! I'm slowly trying to redesign my blog. And by slowly I mean it's taking me several hours a night to try and figure out the correct coding (HTML) for one thing....and then it doesn't work! Argh! SO FRUSTRATING! Things will *hopefully* be up and running in the next couple weeks! Thanks for understanding!!



Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Happy 2014!! New Years Resolution time!

Happy 2014 fellow beauty addicts!

So this is my first attempt at a blog post in 2014! Let's hope 2014 fares better for my blog AND my YouTube channel than 2013 did!

2013 was a rough, rough year for me. A lot of difficult things happened between family, work and my own personal health.  BUT a huge positive happened in 2013 too. This little cutie came into my life! Meet Lexi Bear!



Lexi is a Chocolate Lab mutt. When I adopted her, the rescue group said she was part Chocolate Lab and part Pointer. She has a lot of characteristics of both breeds, but we also see terrier in her too - Pit bull or Jack Russell. She's about a year and a half and only about 38 lbs. She's only gained about 4-5 lbs since I adopted her in May, so I think it's safe to say she's full grown. She's nowhere near the size of what a Chocolate Lab or Pointer should be and she jumps crazy high when she's going after a toy (or hunting squirrels and birds), which makes me believe she's got some Jack Russell in her. She's playful, crazy smart, sweet and a HUGE attention pig. And we love every bit of her. Adopting her brought me out of a very dark place and I'm thankful to have my fur-baby in my life now!

A lot of my 2013 problems will unfortunately carry over into 2014, but I'm hoping to move forward this year rather than feel I'm at a complete standstill with everything. I'm not sure I'm ever going to be comfortable with going into the details of my health issue on the internet, so for now all I'm going to say is that it's still on ongoing thing. The main part being my knee. Right now I've got 3-4 doctors going back and forth about what's causing the problems and the best way to treat my knee.

Lexi was a great distraction for me in 2013. I was able to take the focus off the negative things and focus my attention on someone that needed me. This year, I plan to take the focus off of the negative things again and throw myself into something I love doing. I had a lot of fun making videos and blog posts when I first started and want to get back there again. So my 2014 New Years resolution is to really focus on my YouTube channel and then focus on my blog when I have that down. Or maybe tackle both at the same time? We'll see how things turn out. Right now, I'm pumped to get started and have a lot of fun things in store for my viewers and readers!

I hope you are all having a fabulous beginning to your new year!



To see my New Years resolution video and a little bit of Lexi Bear, click below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!