Header

Image Map
Pardon the craziness guys! I'm slowly trying to redesign my blog. And by slowly I mean it's taking me several hours a night to try and figure out the correct coding (HTML) for one thing....and then it doesn't work! Argh! SO FRUSTRATING! Things will *hopefully* be up and running in the next couple weeks! Thanks for understanding!!



Pardon the craziness guys! I'm slowly trying to redesign my blog. And by slowly I mean it's taking me several hours a night to try and figure out the correct coding (HTML) for one thing....and then it doesn't work! Argh! SO FRUSTRATING! Things will *hopefully* be up and running in the next couple weeks! Thanks for understanding!!



Friday, March 26, 2010

My first HAUL entry, sort of...

Ok, so it's really not considered a HAUL, but I was super excited about these couple items and wanted to share them with all of you!

Down the street from where I work is a used bookstore. I go in there from time to time when I'm looking for new books and don't really feel like paying an arm and a leg for them (I mean, $30 for a book that ONLY comes in hardcover? No thank you!). Today I just happened to be in the mood to browse for new books, so I went down the street and started to peruse the shelves. I made my way towards the health and beauty section and to my excitement and surprise I found 2 books I have been dying to get.


The first book:
Making Faces by Kevyn Aucoin



The second book:
Face Forward by Kevyn Aucoin

These are 2 books that I have gotten a lot of great feedback about. Everyone I know that has read these have nothing but compliments. Josh (Petrilude), another YouTube beauty guru, recently posted a video on one of his most-asked questions; how he got started. He didn't have a bunch of formal training or videos to follow, he self taught with books and experimenting. These 2 just happen to be on that list. As soon as I got home I started looking through them, and I am excited to read through and work on some of my techniques and learn some new things!

The last thing I got at this particular book store was a little journal to jot down my ideas and some information for my channel and my blog. Right now I have random pieces of paper everywhere - my car, my desk at work, my bathroom, and my desk at home. All of these scraps of paper have ideas written on them or information for when I begin filming more reviews and tutorials. I actually had no intention on buying a journal from there, but they were up in front and this one caught my eye!

Medium Wire-O Journal in Zebra Print by Piccadilly

How CUTE is that journal?! I'm kind of obsessed with zebra print, so I LOVE it! I'm excited about being able to use this to jot ideas and suggestions for all of you! I'm a little obsessive about organization (you'll see this about me eventually, I'm sure!) so this little journal was perfect.

My final part of this "haul" IS actually related to makeup. I stopped by Ulta after my little adventure at the bookstore and FINALLY got my hands on NYX's jumbo pencil in black bean. While I was there, I also bought the very last Runway Collection palette in Jazz Night. I haven't used either of these yet, but I'm planning on playing around with them this weekend and get some ideas on doing a tutorial. Here are a few pictures:

NYXclosed.jpg picture by Wasianbeauty
NYX Jumbo Pencil in Black Bean and NYX Runway Collection Palette in Jazz Night

NYXOpen.jpg picture by Wasianbeauty
Here is a picture of each of the colors in the Runway Collection: Jazz Night palette

JazzNightSwatches.jpg picture by Wasianbeauty
And finally, swatches of each of the products without primer or a base

My overall opinion of this palette so far is that it's a good buy! It's about $10 for the palette, so you're basically paying $1 per shadow. As far as pigmentation, some of the shadows are better than others, but for what you pay this is DEFINITELY a great buy. I can't wait to create some looks for you guys!

And on that note, this "little" blog post has turned into a fairly big one, although I blame that on the pictures! :) Hopefully I'll have a tutorial up for you guys by next weekend - depending on how successful I am at getting the perfect lighting in here!! The lighting in my bathroom is GREAT and filming at my vanity would be perfect, except for the fact that I film at night and my 4 year old brother's bedroom shares a wall with the part of my bathroom that my vanity is in - so no can do! Thanks for being patient guys! Have a great weekend and I'll talk to you all soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me something!